Portugal Car Hire Questions and Answers
What are age restrictions?
Age restrictions are set by the car rental agent. Due to insurance restrictions, the car rental agent may have a minimum or maximum age of the driver they can rent to. You may find any age restriction applying to your rental in the Rental Terms and Conditions (or Rate Details). Some car rental agents also have a young or senior driver's fee for specific age groups.
What is a fuel policy?
Your fuel policy is set by the car rental agent. Fuel policies include "pick-up full, return full" or "pick-up full, return empty". The fuel policy applying to your rental will be specified in your rental's Terms and Conditions, which can be found throughout the booking process.
What are cross border or territorial restrictions?
Cross border or territorial restrictions mean that you may not be permitted to travel to another country from the country you rented the vehicle. Please read the Terms and Conditions of your rental to confirm which countries you will be allowed to travel to during your rental. For further information, we would advise you to ring your rental agent. Cross border travel typically entails additional fees. Please call your rental agent to confirm the exact fee.
What documentation do I need to take with me to the rental desk?
You will typically need to bring
- Your confirmation voucher
- Your driver licence. UK licence holders MUST bring the photo card and the paper counterpart of their licence. Your driver licence must be written in Roman alphabet.
- A valid credit card in the driver's name, with sufficient provisions for your deposit.
- You may also be asked for additional identification papers such as a utility bill.
- If you plan on adding additional drivers to your contract, all drivers must be present at the counter and present their driver licence.
Please check your rental conditions for further details.